Why learn English?
There are many fantastic reasons to learn English, let’s look at some of the best reasons and find out just why English is so important!
- English is the most common spoken foreign language – even if the country does not have native speakers, the people will often have learnt English as a second language just like you! For example, in Germany, Sweden, Denmark and Norway, the Netherlands, France, Poland. Also apart from the USA and United Kingdom of Great Britain, people in Australia, New Zealand, Canada, parts of Africa, India, and many smaller island nations speak English! But they are very unlikely to speak Portuguese!
- Learning English makes you much more attractive to employers – you are more likely to get a good job if you speak English; it is the language of Business. You will also open up your employment options further than Brazil, and will have the option to work in a number of different countries, learning new skills, and improving your career.
- All scientific papers are usually translated into English – if you are working in the field of Medicine, most of the material you need to study, use, review, will be written in English.
- English can be learned faster than Symbol or tonal based languages as it is based on an alphabet – so it’s a good choice if you want to save time!
- Most of the big blockbuster films are made in the USA…… you guessed it…. in English! – who wants to watch dubbed films or read the legends/subtitles when you can watch them in English and hear the real action! No more confusion when going to the cinema! So what are you waiting for?…. find out more.